Paint Alternative is a versatile digital image processing software suitable for such tasks as retouching of photographs, image morphing, composing and authoring images, screen capture, and displaying image thumbnail in Windows Explorer context menu. It supports alpha, layer, path ,and the most common editing techniques. It has many of the tools and filters you would expect to find in similar commercial offerings, and some interesting extras as well.
* Full suite of painting tools including paintbrush, pencil, eraser, airbrush, filter brush, color retouching, blur/sharpening,smudge,and cloning. Many customizable brushes, texture, gradient, and 26 methods of combining modes suppported.
* Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear, perspective,flip,and wrap. Auto antialias supported.
* Image Morphing supported. With this technique, you can create a sequence of intermediate frames that seamlessly transform one image to another and generate output in a form of gif animation or image file sequence.
* Gradient Fill tools include linear,radial,square,conical(symmetric),conical(asymmetric) and shapeburst. Multiple colors supported.
* Selection tools including rectangular, elliptical, free, fuzzy and paths. Add, subtract, invert, antialias and feather selections supported.
* Zoom 10% - 2000% display, and show grid supported.
* More then 30 File formats supported include JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, BMP and many others.
* Color conversion supported include several different dithering methods and palette options.
* Alpha channel (transparency) supported.
* Displays Histograms (RGB, HSV, HSL, CMYK).
* Displays EXIF information. EXIF 2.2 supported.
* TWAIN supported for scanners and digital cameras